Monday 3 March 2008

Mothers Day

I broke one of my own golden rules and booked a restaurant for a Hallmark day lunch.
I did it last Thursday evening, as I passed the Courtyard restaurant in Donnybrook (one of our favorites) I decided to see if they had any tables free on the day. they squeezed me in for 3:15.
When we arrived the first thing that hit was the noise, it was like a playschool with kids everywhere, fair enough I guess we should have realised.
Next was the SET menu! gone was the usual selection of goodies to choose from.
Then there was the price! €30 per person including mandatory service charge of 10% and not including drinks.
(I'd always give a 10% tip, but I feckin' hate when it's mandatory!
The service was DIRE! A 40 minute wait between courses, my wife can't stand to listen to me drone for that long without distraction!
To top it all......... the food wasn't great either!
Click HERE to View or ADD to the COMMENTS
View Irish Taxi HOMEPAGE