Friday 18 January 2008

Lord of the Flies

I had a really entertaining trip first thing tonight, with a gent and his daughter who had been attending the "festival of lights" in preparation for her confirmation..
After my initial interrogation into where they had been and where they were going I discovered that he was from a neighboring estate to the one I grew up in, one with whom my estate was constantly at "war".
When I told him where I was from he instantly recognised the significance and called me the "enemy".
We had a good laugh recalling some of the running battles we'd had as kids and how as soon as we were old enough to go to the pub we all became friends, with lots of the girls marrying lads from opposing estates.
Brought it all back ....good times indeed!
View Irish Taxi HOMEPAGE