Saturday 12 January 2008

Vermillion

I was a punter last night, I went to Vermillion, the Indian Restaurant that got 6th place int the Dubliner's top 100 restaurants so expectations were high;
The dining room is modern with nice leather bound chairs and it doesn't feel as though they've squeezed in as many as possible, so full marks on that front.
We were met by smiles all round, our coats were taken and we were led to our table for four.
I had the chicken Tikka starter which melted in my mouth, the girls had the vegetable selection for two which was devoured and unusually no tastes were offered! my mate had chicken with pineapple and cashew nuts ....... I had a piece and it was lovely.
For mains us lads both had Biryani, the portion was HUGE and we ate it all.... to be honest one would have been enough to share and the scales will need to be put away for a week, My wife had a Prawn dish which got oooohs and aaaaahs and J had number 6 on the menu ????? which again was a winner.
Two chocolate fudge and two creme brulees to finish were standard fare and all of the above was washed down with Cobra beer, so no fancy wine to report on I'm afraid!
Total cost including tips ....€200 reasonable price for this town.
We ended up in the Terenure Inn for a few scoops and all agreed we'd be back for more.
View Irish Taxi HOMEPAGE