Wednesday 30 January 2008

About Statcounter ......and this Blog

Grandad asked "why do you blog".
I replied in the usual fashion, "it helps me to wind down after a night in the Taxi".
But is that true?: There are easier ways to wind down and having to come up with a new post every morning isn't necessarily one of them.
So why do I keep doing it?: It's the feedback, people leaving their thoughts about what I've written whether good or bad, is fascinating.
The majority of readers that show up here every day do so via a google search, they arrive at a particular post that's relevant read it and leave, (fair enough. I do that myself regularly) some continue to browse the blog and read other posts.
An average of 140 people visit each day and 40 or so of these are returning visitors, it's mainly from this group that the blog receives the comments, so the ten or so that comment regularly is a decent average.
I know all of the above because of Statcounter, the magic behind the number in the left hand sidebar, it provides a second source of feedback and I spend an inordinate amount of time looking at the statistics it provides.
Here's a summary for the last few weeks, I'd like to say a big thank you to each and every one of the visitors, you're the reason I keep posting.

(click picture to enlarge)
If you're a Grandad , Twenty, Beaut.ie or a Damien you'll laugh at those stats, but if you were me a few short months ago .....you'd be impressed.
Statcounter was invented by Young Irish entrepreneur of the year, Aodhan Cullen
Click HERE to View or ADD to the COMMENTS
View Irish Taxi HOMEPAGE